From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 12:22:27
1 On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 9:00 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 >> Why the heck do we ship both 3.3 and 3.4? I forget the exact situation
3 >> with 2.x and 3.x, but I don't think setting PYTHON_TARGETS to 2.7-only
4 >> is a great option if that remains the default after installation
5 >> (although it would be fine for just the initial stages).
6 >
7 > I'm going to be very blunt. I am sick of the finger being pointed
8 > only at releng for this.
9
10 To be quite clear, I didn't intend at all to point the finger at
11 anyone. I mostly reckon it's due to an unfortunate way things hang
12 together, definitely not any one person or group to blame. I just
13 really don't understand how it happens.
14
15 Cheers,
16
17 Dirkjan