From: Grant Goodyear <grant@×××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Problems with initial gentoo rc5 binary inst all - GRUB
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:24:48
1 Yes, emerge should handle dependencies. Did you do
2 export PKGDIR=/mnt/cdrom/gentoo/packages
3 to make sure that Portage knows where to find the binary
4 dependencies?
5
6 As for all of the grub problems, I'm not sure. I make it a point
7 of running through the install directions and the Desktop guide
8 every time I reinstall Gentoo, just to make sure that things are
9 still working, and I've had no problems with grub. I may have
10 missed something, however. You might want to look at the
11 grub tutorial at
12 http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/linux-onlinecourse-bytitle/0F1731DC664023B7862569D0005C44AF?OpenDocument.
13 It's very good.
14
15 Best,
16 Grant
17 --
19 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
20 | Dept. of Chemistry - UH |1. Add zero. |
21 | Houston, TX 77204 |2. Multiply by one. |
22 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
23 |e-mail: goodyear@××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
24 |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
25 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |