From: "leon j. breedt" <ljb@×××××××××.ORG>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GRUB/LILO/syslinux gfxboot
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:45:46
1 hi,
2
3 in addition to the bootsplash done by Sebastian Faubel, how
4 about Gentoo adds the SuSE gfxboot patches to its GRUB/LILO/syslinux?
5
6 this lets you display a graphical menu with an interface of your own
7 devising instead of the standard GRUB/LILO boot menu.
8
9 i'm not talking about the static image support, but full-on user
10 interface, with customizable keybindings. if you have the inclination,
11 you can code it up to do whatever behaviour you want it to.
12
13 a screenshot of my own customization for my machines:
14
15 http://neverborn.org/xsd-gfxboot-2.png
16
17 a screenshot of a tweaked version i did for my Debian installations:
18
19 http://neverborn.org/debian-gfx-grub.png
20
21 i can assist a real artist in tweaking the image and configuration
22 needed for this to work. maybe we could use Sebastian's image as a
23 starting point?
24
25 leon
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list