From: Pete Gavin <pete@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Linux-2.4.4 + XFS Ready!
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:07:38
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I've completed a linux kernel package with xfs support. If you merge
4 linux-2.4.4-r5, or linux-sources-2.4.4-r5 and linux-extras-2.4.4-r5
5 with USE=xfs, you will have an XFS enabled kernel. I haven't yet had a
6 chance to test it though, so it may not build, or could quite possible
7 destroy your data, blow up your car, and/or cause the United States'
8 nuclear stockpile to be launched, so use it at your own risk :) Oh,
9 and for now, until I'm sure the package is stable, I've put it in the
10 package.mask file, so you will need to set MAINTAINER=yes to use
11 it.
12
13 Remember, XFS is still very experimental, so don't use it unless you
14 are prepared to lose data.
15
16 Pete