From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: Andrej Kacian <andrej@××××××.sk>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] g-cpan.pl question
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:27:59
1 g-cpan is not intended to be used (or rather, capable of being used) within
2 an ebuild. g-cpan (which I don't think anyone will deny could use a
3 refresh/rewrite) is for installing modules so that portage is aware of them
4 without our needing to completely replicate cpan, which does a fine job as
5 is. If you have an ebuild that depends on a perl module, that is grounds for
6 the module being added to portage (insufficient grounds is "but i like this
7 module" :) ) and you should include that when you submit the feature request
8 for the ebuild (including an ebuild for the perl module will also go a long
9 way with us grouchy perl folks). In the future you wil be able to do what
10 you are describing, at least that is the goal, just not today :)
11
12 -mike
13