From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Should we switch IRC client defaults off Freenode?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:09:13
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 11:13:19 +0200
4 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > However, there are still IRC clients in Gentoo that default to
7 > Freenode. I think the next questions we need to answer are:
8
9 My recommendation would be to prioritize asking upstreams to change
10 defaults.
11
12 We can still patch defaults for upstreams unresponsive. But I would
13 assume in most cases upstreams will agree that freenode is not a
14 reasonable default given recent events, and changing those has a larger
15 beneficial effect moving people off freenode. Ultimately this is not a
16 gentoo issue, but an issue affecting the whole foss community.
19 Hanno Böck
20 https://hboeck.de/