From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc: pt_chown setuid going away by default
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 17:06:19
1 On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:08:10 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > that you remember. i think it's more likely you copy & pasted some
5 > line a long time ago than baselayout modified it for you.
6
7 Exactly, but where did that come from?
8
9 > two people who have installs that are a decade old doesn't incline me
10 > to write a news entry. not when the ebuild itself contains a sanity
11 > check that triggers exactly as needed and includes an error message
12 > explaining things. we aren't talking about an upgrade here that will
13 > silently & accidentally break your box on next boot (like udev &
14 > friends), or will break running programs (like SONAME bumps, although
15 > that's a much less of a problem now that portage handles things
16 > automatically). -mike
17
18 I have been looking through old copies of the Handbook in the last
19 hour, assuming the fstab entry may have been included there at some
20 point. I haven't done anything like a thorough search, but I assume it
21 may have slipped into the handbook at some point and was later removed
22 (as some CVS log entries from 2004 seem to suggest).
25 jer