From: Rajiv Aaron Manglani <rajiv@g.o>
To: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Supprting SPF on our mail servers
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:40:07
1 > I am seriously considering implementing and supporting SPF[1] on our
2 > mail
3
4 great!
5
6 > For the most part, this can be done without any significant impact on
7 > your
8 > day to day gentoo.org email lives. However, the one (major) change
9 > will be
10 > that devs would be required to use asmtp on dev.gentoo.org rather than
11 > sending from a non-gentoo.org smtp server.
12
13 why not have the gentoo.org spf record include '?all' so that
14 non-gentoo smtp servers will be treated as 'neutral'? this way, devs
15 can continue to use their own smtp servers. this method will not have
16 the full benefits of '-all' or even '~all' but it will be a start...
17
18 fwiw, google.com, gnu.org, and others currently use '?all' in their spf
19 record.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list