From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Formal Adopt a Package Program
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:39:52
1 > Create a formal Gentoo project with its own herd and alias. Whenever a
2 > packages has a proxy-maintainer, instead of having 2 maintainer entries
3 > (one for the user, one for the dev), have the users contact information,
4 > and put the package in the herd associated with the project. (Say
5 > proxy-maintained with the alias proxy-maintained@g.o.) From there, users
6 > that want to have something committed can use the alias, and any dev
7 > that's helping with that project can review it quickly and commit it for
8 > them.
9
10 Good idea!
11
12 > I do realize there is a small amount of overlap with the already
13 > existent Sunrise package, however, given that usually Sunrise serves as
14 > a home for m-w packages, I think this can help fill the gap left for the
15 > m-n packages. (And help provide a logical transition from Sunrise to
16 > Portage).
19 Given the rather, err, stringent (for lack of a better word) quality control on sunrise, whoever has been committing to sunrise regularly should have no problem in getting his ebuilds into this program as well. It's just an additional way to "graduate"... :)
20
21 Cheers, Andreas
25 Andreas K. Huettel
26 Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex
27 dilfridge@g.o
28 http://www.akhuettel.de/