From: Maurice van der Pot <griffon26@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Closing bugs [was: New Bugzilla HOWTO]
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:43:40
1 On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 11:08:41AM -0400, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
2 > "Ideally any bug that a fix is submitted for should be verified and peer
3 > reviewed. It should be verified by the reporter or another user. If the
4 > reporter or another user are unable or unwilling to verify the fix, the
5 > Team Lead should take responsibility for the verification. Ideally, all
6 > bug fixes should be peer reviewed by the Team Lead and/or other team
7 > members before the bug is marked as RESOLVED. "
8
9 I think right now the situation is so far from ideal that we should not
10 focus too much on ideally, but rather on realistically as we do now.
11
12 The number of open bugs in Gentoo's bugzilla keeps growing. It really is
13 triage. And when doing triage, it's still valid to say that ideally
14 something would be done so and so, but you know that's never gonna
15 happen.
16
17 If the developer shortage was not as big as it is, we could probably
18 really do something with your proposition.
19
20 Regards,
21 Maurice.
24 Maurice van der Pot