From: Bernard Cafarelli <voyageur@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *DEVELOPMENT* mail list, right?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:30:46
1 While I was too young a developer when this thread first appeared, I now
2 have a few things to report in this relaunch ;)
3
4 On the NX servers side:
5
6 * servers based on NX 2.1 code are now in portage, including the binary
7 free edition from Nomachine (the NX developers), and freenx 0.6
8 * both of these servers now work on ~amd64 (multilib only though)
9 * 2x terminal server and client are now in portage: GPL (even the
10 NX client) and based on Nomachine's 1.5 code base
11 * 6 (old) packages were removed from the tree, replaced by net-misc/nx
12 * NX overlay provides a native 64-bit nx/freenx for the adventurous
13 * bugzilla NX bugs count is down to 3 :)
14
15 With fellow dev grobian, I've also started to get GNUstep in Gentoo back
16 in shape (i.e clean, easy to use, up to date, ...).
17 You can check the progress in the new gnustep overlay:
18 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/gnustep/wiki
19
20 Improvements include:
21
22 * support for new gnustep-make 2.0
23 * heavy rewrite of the gnustep eclasses and base ebuilds
24 * less polluting of the user profile (no more need to source exernal
25 scripts that tinker with the linker path)
26 * easier-to-write ebuilds
27 * version bumps everywhere (and a few new packages, as a
28 promising-looking cairo backend)
29 * under-the-hood fixes and enhancements here and there
33 Voyageur
34 NX and GNUstep Gentoo developer
35 --
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list