From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: extending project xml to have stuff that the project is working on and collect them as Gentoo current goals
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:22:29
1 On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:34:25 +0300
2 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > As the recent thread showed there is a lot going on in Gentoo land
5 > although it doesn't always seem so. I propose we extend project xml to
6 > describe current stuff going on in the project in question and their
7 > estimated completion date. Then we require this file to be updated
8 > monthly. What do you think?
9
10 I'm going to echo Mike here -- the additions are good, the forced
11 update schedule not so good. However, there's something in the subject
12 line not in the body which I also like:
13
14 > and collect them as Gentoo current goals
15
16 I wouldn't have chosen those words, but a list somewhere of all the new,
17 shiny and/or important stuff people are working on could be nice if it
18 can be done well. The GWN's future zone was a step in this direction
19 but seems to have died off lately and never really (IMO) got enough
20 material to realise the potential. Of course, this relies upon people
21 in Gentoo actually doing new, shiny and/or important things first,
22 before telling people about them.
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list