From: "Tri D. Hoang" <tdhoang@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Building XFree 4.20 with latest version of Freetype2
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:58:35
1 Hi all,
2
3 Was anybody able to build XFree 4.20 with an external Freetype 2 library (2.09)? I got my new Gentoo 1.0 working but the quality of TT fonts is really low (not crisp/clean). I have used RC6 before with an older version of XFree and the TT font quality was better.
4
5 I've ensured that Freetype 2.09 is installed with the interpreter turned on. The problem is XFree 4.20 has the old Freetype 2.01 build in. Their release notes success a change in the config file to include:
6
7 BuildFreetype2Library NO
8 Freetype2Dir /usr
9
10 to use the external Freetype library. So far, I have not been successful with this. Xft always failed to compliled. Any idea/suggest appreciated. Thanks.
11
12 Tri
13 tdhoang@×××××××××.com