From: Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: repo/gentoo.git, or how committing is challenging
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 03:17:53
1 On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 19:00:45 -0800
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
5 > But, one of the biggest things keeping me from doing more work on it
6 > when I do have some time, is the fact that barely any of the devs seem
7 > to care (other than the OP, who just seems to bitch about everything
8 > not working for him). Since the GLEP 63 spec has been approved.
9 > Barely any of the gentoo developers have even tried to update their gpg
10 > key or generate a new one that does meet the spec. For that reason, I
11 > have not endeavored to get more done in it. I've been trying to
12 > keep the gentoo-devs seed file reasonably up to date, but since there
13 > are few devs actually fixing or generating new keys, it is not needed
14 > that often. In fact weeks go by before there is a change in LDAP in
15 > regards to gpg keys.
16 >
17 > As Andrew pointed out in another reply, there is a fairly decent
18 > document about generating new gpg keys either directly using gpg or
19 > using gkeys-gen (gkeys-gen-9999) has the most troublesome bugs fixed in
20 > it btw).
21
22 It's a little difficult for people to generate new keys with gkeys-gen when
23 the version of gkeys-gen in the tree is completely and utterly broken, and has
24 been for almost a year now. The last time I tried to make a new key it spit
25 out a bunch of errors and tried to put data in $HOME/~/gkeys-user/gpghome.
26 Like it didn't expand the tilde, but made a directory literally named '~'. I'm
27 supposed to use this for security sensitive data? You want me to use a
28 potentially unstable live ebuild instead? Well, no, that's not gonna happen.
32 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
33 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
34
35 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463