From: Louis Sautier <sbraz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pkgdev: an alternative to `repoman commit`
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 02:04:32
1 On 27/02/2021 15:50, Tim Harder wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Finally responding to all the requests, I've hacked up an initial
5 > alternative to repoman's commit functionality in the form of pkgdev [1]
6 > that uses pkgcheck's API behind the scenes. The project is meant to grow
7 > into a collection of tools for Gentoo development and maintenance, but
8 > initially supports `pkgdev commit` and `pkgdev push` that should work
9 > for a basic git workflow on ebuild repos.
10 >
11 > In essence, `pkgdev commit` wraps `git add` and `git commit`
12 > functionality along with supporting GLEP 66 style message prefixes for
13 > any committed files across an ebuild repo. Package manifests are also
14 > regenerated and added automatically for any targeted pkg commits.
15 >
16 > QA scanning is done on `pkgdev push` (not per `pkgdev commit` call) so
17 > knowing/learning how to interactively `git rebase` is currently
18 > essential to the workflow. Probably the main thing lacking is good docs
19 > for the workflow that pkgdev envisions as it differs slightly from the
20 > one used with repoman.
21 >
22 > Feel free to respond with questions, ideas, or flames. If you want to
23 > give it a shot, I believe a live ebuild for it has already been added to
24 > the tree at dev-util/pkgdev. Also, please open issues on the upstream
25 > project if you run into bugs or have feature requests.
26 >
27 > Thanks,
28 > Tim
29 >
30 > [1]: https://github.com/pkgcore/pkgdev
33 Hi Tim,
34 That's really nice, thanks!
35 I just tested it and it seems really nice, I just need to adjust to the
36 new workflow.
37 Could you make "push -v" a bit more verbose ? I initially forgot to
38 rebase and couldn't see the error message from the remote. I guess this
39 also means that the current code will hide messages from hooks such as
40 changes made to Bugzilla.
41
42 Cheers,
43
44 Louis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature