From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pkg_nofetch: $A vs. $SRC_URI
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:56:06
1 Zac Medico schrieb:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Marius Mauch wrote:
6 >> Zac Medico schrieb:
7 >>> If a version of SRC_URI that has all the conditionals evaluated is
8 >>> needed in the ebuild environment, then I think we should use a new
9 >>> variable name. Otherwise, it's ambiguous.
10 >> Doesn't $AA already satisfy the requirements?
11 >
12 > Well, I think AA only contains file names, rather than the full URIs. So, that's not quite the same as SRC_URI with all of it's conditionals evaluated.
13
14 It's the same as $A, just for all entries instead of "enabled" entries.
15 So for URIs we'd need two new variables.
16 Thinking about it it might be more useful to provide two generic bash
17 functions to parse and evaluate DEPEND-like strings in portageq for
18 example instead of special casing SRC_URI here.
19
20 Marius
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list