From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Documentation Encoding
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 16:37:20
1 On Saturday 22 April 2006 10:02, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
2 > Damian Szeluga wrote:
3 > > There's also a problem with Groff, which is unable to show
4 > > unicode chars correctly. I made a package to solve it
5 > > (http://hoth.amu.edu.pl/~d_szeluga/groff-utf8.tar.bz2), but I think it's
6 > > a bit dirty hack.
7 >
8 > I am absolutely out of time now, hope to be able to look at it in a week.
9 > .. actually I had a look :-) So this is a different package from groff as
10 > it seems. http://www.haible.de/bruno/packages-groff-utf8.html
11 >
12 > Dunnow, but probably trying to integrate UTF-8 support in groff and working
13 > with upstream should be doable if that package is working?
14
15 yes ... working with upstream is best as i'm pretty clueless when it comes to
16 UTF8 issues in groff and wont really be of any use in getting it fixed in
17 portage ... see this bug:
18 http://bugs.gentoo.org/126361
19
20 > We in JP land often have problems with Japanese man pages and others and
21 > there was a patch floating around (USE=cjk emerge groff) that kind of
22 > solves the problem a bit.
23
24 if you want/need cjk support, you'll have to use groff-1.18.x as groff-1.19.x
25 wont work
26 -mike
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list