From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replace 'sash' with 'busybox' as our static rescue shell
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:25:08
1 On Friday 22 April 2005 02:08 pm, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
2 > file can sometimes be very useful, for instance if I want to know the
3 > major/minor numbers of a device. the same about stat
4
5 ok ... well `ls -l` can give you the same exact info:
6 $ ls -l /dev/null
7 crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1, 3 Apr 22 15:00 /dev/null
8
9 and sash doesnt implement 'stat' ... so really file is not necessary for this
10 reason
11
12 i can implement stat in busybox, shouldnt be hard
13 -mike
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list