From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl, sed and non-gsed
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:39:05
1 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Thursday 07 April 2005 17:17, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >
4 >>gcc is non standard and broken, ld is non standard. vim is non standard.
5 >
6 > Actually, pure gcc on OSX is broken. Just try to build yourself a vanilla gcc
7 > and try it with some C++ lib, it will fail because it needs a fix which is
8 > nog going to be applied upstream i don't know why.
9 >
10 last time I checked the maintree gcc has the fix for the 'consider
11 whatever .h as extern "C" ' ancient workaround, that now breaks C++
12 templates. the standard gcc provided by apple or the gcc from darwin
13 branch not.
14
15 lu
16
17 PS: once kito'll be back probably we could figure out how to fix the
18 issue and eventually have a working toolchain (overlayed probably) and
19 with a gcc-config, I do hope.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list