From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:56:51
1 On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 21:34 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Stabling a package which is not in packahe.mask is only a support
3 > burden if package maintainers are abusing ~arch.
4 >
5 > If you don't agree that it should be stable, don't move it out out of
6 > package.mask. ~arch is for stable candidates, and by sticking a package
7 > you maintain in ~arch you are implicitly asking for it to be tested
8 > with the aim of marking it stable.
9
10 Which part of "I agree with you" didn't you understand? :(
11
12 However, it still comes across like you're trying to change the subject,
13 even after being asked not to :(
14
15 I've put my point across, but you're determined not to address it
16 directly. I guess there's nothing else to say on this topic.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Stu
20 --
21 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
22 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
23 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
24
25 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
26 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C