From: "P. Gnodde" <peter@××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Alpha
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 04:17:17
1 Hi,
2
3 I have just aquired an AlphaPC64 machine and I've read somewhere that gentoo
4 is also available for the alpha architecture.
5
6 I've been a happy gentoo user since 1.0_rc6 and would like to fit this
7 machine with gentoo too :).
8
9 Since I have no experience with alphas at all, I was wondering if there is
10 some sort of tutorial or install guide available somewhere. I did find the
11 stage1 tarball, but no bootable isos. And I did not find any docs in the
12 stage1 tarball.
13
14 Could someone give me some pointers on how to proceed and get gentoo running
15 on the alpha?
16
17 Regards,
18