From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: nss-db
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 16:35:37
1 Andreas Voegele wrote:
2 >
3 > moath@××××××.org writes:
4 >
5 > > Alright, I re-installed tonight from build and nss-db broke on me.
6 > > It gave me some wierd error that had to do with an innappropriate
7 > > --no-verify argument set in the configure script where it executes
8 > > ltconfig. Taking this flag out lets it compile just fine.
9 >
10 > I've just got this bug too. Downgrading to autoconf-2.13 seems to
11 > help.
12
13 Thank you for the report, I will block autoconf-2.50 gor now.
14 >
15 > Two other bugs I encountered while building Gentoo:
16 >
17 > 1. While building perl-5.6.1 I got the following message:
18 >
19 > ../../miniperl: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open
20 > shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or
21 > directory
22 >
23 > I fixed this problem by copying libperl.so temporarily to /usr/lib.
24
25 I changed perl to build a static libperl allways, so that problem should
26 no longer occure.
27 >
28 > 2. In order to build MySQL I had to mount /proc:
31 Yes, the same is required for nautilus.
32
33 > checking for ps... /bin/ps
34 > checking how to check if pid exists... configure: error: Could not
35 > find the right ps switches. Which OS is this ?. See the Installation
36 > chapter in the Reference Manual.
37 >
38 > BTW, the INSTALL-BUILD file should really mention how much disk space
39 > is required in order to build the base system.
40
41 True
42 btw, we have a new flag for ebuild called --autoclean, if set the
43 workdir gets removed after a package
44 was installed successfully.
45
46 bye achim~