From: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/sctp to choose the right SCTP lib for Linux/FreeBSD?
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 20:06:44
1 On 04/06/2014 04:49, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Sat, 05 Apr 2014, Joshua Kinard wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've attached a first draft of virtual/sctp/sctp-0.ebuild, which
5 >> passes repoman checks, but I think it needs to be made
6 >> multilib-aware. Additionally, that means lksctp-tools probably needs
7 >> some multilib-magic applied. I am not finding a solid guide on
8 >> properly upgrading an ebuild to become multilib-aware. Can one of
9 >> the multilib experts check things and let me know what is needed if
10 >> people agree this is a good way to go down?
11 >
12 > This doesn't answer your multilib question, but I believe that
13 > kernel_* is not needed in IUSE:
14 >
15 >> IUSE="kernel_linux kernel_FreeBSD static-libs"
16 >
17 > KERNEL is both in USE_EXPAND and USE_EXPAND_IMPLICIT of
18 > profiles/base/make.defaults, therefore it's implicit in EAPI 5.
19
20 Thanks, I removed those and IUSE as well, since it's empty.
23 > I'd also omit all empty variable assignments (like HOMEPAGE=""),
24 > they are no longer necessary.
25
26 I derived this ebuild from virtual/udev's (as the leftover comment implied).
27 Someone might want to remove the empty vars there as well. Perhaps repoman
28 should check for empty vars like HOMEPAGE/SRC_URI/IUSE and flag as a warning?
31 Joshua Kinard
32 Gentoo/MIPS
33 kumba@g.o
34 4096R/D25D95E3 2011-03-28
35
36 "The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And
37 our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."
38
39 --Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic

sctp-0.ebuild text/plain