From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Figuring out the solution to in-network-sandbox distcc
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:39:34
1 Dnia 2015-01-21, o godz. 16:00:55
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:05:34 +0100
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hello, developers.
8 > >
9 > > As you may recall, the main blocker for wide-establishment of
10 > > FEATURES=network-sandbox prohibiting network access within the build
11 > > environment is distcc. Since all connectivity is disabled, distcc can
12 > > no longer reach other distcc servers and build efficiently. I
13 > > therefore find it important to figure out a solution.
14 > >
15 > > I see two generic approaches possible here:
16 > >
17 > > 1. proxying distcc from within the build environment, or
18 > >
19 > > 2. moving distcc-spawned processes back to parent's namespace.
20 >
24 > > Any other ideas?
27 > I haven't followed this at all, so this might be very stupid:
28 > Isn't it possible to whitelist distcc hosts ?
29
30 No because the child process is completely disconnected from parent's
31 network stack. It has only a brand new loopback that's even separate
32 from host's loopback.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny