From: Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Baselayout-2 progress?
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:29:23
1 On Saturday 01 March 2008 22:26:24 Ed W wrote:
2 > Hmm, all interesting stuff
3 >
4 > You mention in the notes also that openrc has some kind of "keepalive"
5 > function which can restart crashing services. Can point me towards how
6 > that works (assuming it needs some kind of config?)
7
8 No such function :)
9 We can test to see if a service started daemon has crashed or not and report
10 accordingly. The user can then restart the service if desired. This can be
11 automated through scripts as well, but we don't automatically do this.
12
13 Thanks
14
15 Roy