From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] summary: proposed solutions to arches/stable problem
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 04:30:53
1 Ferris McCormick wrote: [Tue Jun 22 2004, 06:25:43PM EDT]
2 > If I understand II (which I missed or misread in the first wave of these
3 > notes), it says something like "A keyword of '+amd64' means that 'the
4 > maintainer believes that this package is a candidate for stable, and it
5 > is in fact stable on amd64, which is where the maintainer tested it."
6 > (And, I suppose, in an unusual situation, the maintainer could use
7 > just 'amd64' to mean "For critical reasons this has to be stable on
8 > amd64 even though I the maintainer am not all *that* confident." In
9 > this case, the maintainer would be wearing ar architecture hat.)
10 >
11 > If my first sentence is close to correct (everything up to the
12 > hypothetical), my preference is also solution II.
13
14 You're correct, and this might untie arch-stability from
15 package-stability. Good observation.
16
17 Regards,
18 Aron