From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 19:38:23
1 >>>>> On Thu, 10 Mar 2022, Alec Warner wrote:
2
3 > I'm not sure a news item is strictly necessary, we might just p.mask
4 > repoman with a link to the guide that Matt will need to write about
5 > how repoman is being replaced.
6
7 We should distinguish between deprecating the repoman(-only) workflow
8 and deprecating the repoman tool. Doing the former doesn't imply masking
9 and removing the repoman package, at least not while it's working and
10 being maintained as part of Portage.
11
12 Also, what would be the harm in having another QA tool available in
13 addition to pkgcheck? (Long time ago, we used to have three of them.
14 Does anyone remember qualudis? :)
15
16 Ulrich