From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Official overlay support
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:54:25
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > I wouldn't mind seeing an actual "unstable" designation added to
3 > KEYWORDS. The basic premise would be like package.mask packages where
4 > things can be done *within the tree* but still has the same air of "this
5 > might be totally busted at some point" as overlays. Users would be very
6 > unlikely to run unstable on their machines. Heck, we could even make it
7 > impossible to actually use unstable globally if we wanted to.
8
9 Sounds like package.mask / -* right now.
10
11 Thanks,
12 Donnie