From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl question
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:52:28
1 "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org> writes:
2
3 > Terje Kvernes wrote:
4 >
5 > > I expect you've left out a " on the second print statement? :)
6 >
7 > Yeah, this was a typo in the e-mail only.
8
9 manual copy-paste. scary.
10
11 > > it shouldn't. unless you've tied %exception into something that
12 > > resets the keys on read.
13 >
14 > I don't know why I was seeing this behavior, but I downloaded the
15 > program again, and the problem I was seeing here went away.
16
17 interesting.
18
19 > The actual problem was that the @#$@#%@# configuration file for my
20 > program (the file where $dir gets its value) was in MS-DOS format
21 > (newline and carriage return), which was causing some very strange
22 > behavior.
23
24 you shouldn't notice this from perl. how are you parsing the
25 configuration file?
26
27 > Kudos to kabau for helping me diagnose it!
28
29 :)
33 Terje