From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage-NG implementation language(s)
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 02:31:02
1 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Seeing this "language war" on -dev I think I should say again that the
6 > component model should make us free from language restrictions. There is
7 > no sense in saying "we should use language XXX for portage-ng" as the
8 > goal should be that each component can be implemented in the best
9 > fitting language. So it should be possible to have the dependency
10
11 [...]
12
13 Hi Marius,
14
15 I think I read somewhere (IRC/drobbins? maybe) that something like
16 this is the direction being taken.
17
18 Matt
19 --