From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage 1.7 released
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:43:09
1 Hi All,
2
3 Portage 1.7 has now been released and is on rsync. It contains a simple
4 bug fix. Apparently, I must have inadvertently changed a line completely
5 unrelated to the new "*" deps.
6
7 NOTE: If you currently have Portage 1.6.12 running and are getting "circular
8 deps" errors from emerge, here's how to fix it. Edit
9 /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py, and do a search for "empty(". You will find
10 an empty function that looks like this:
11
12 def empty(self):
13 if len(self.dict)==0:
14 return 0
15 return 0
16
17 Change it so it looks like this:
18
19 def empty(self):
20 if len(self.dict)==0:
21 return 1
22 return 0
23
24 Then save the file, and Portage will now work. Now emerge Portage 1.7 :)
25
26 I have absolutely no idea how this typo got into the code, since I haven't
27 touched this part of the portage.py code in a while. My best guess is that it
28 was the result of a vim keypress mishap or something. Apologies for any
29 inconvenience.
30
31 Best Regards,
34 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>