From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:49:19
1 2008-04-03 13:35 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto <jmbsvicetto@g.o> napisał(a):
2 > Petteri Räty wrote:
3 > > Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto kirjoitti:
4 > > > As a final thought, I think this point is a tangent to the old debate
5 > about tree-wide commit privileges and or the scm of the tree. Afterall, if
6 > gentoo-x86 was a git tree and or we had acls in the tree, I don't think we
7 > would be having or would need to have this argument.
8 > > >
9 > > >
10 > >
11 > > If we used git, proxy maintaining would be easier.
14 > True, but with some acls we could also have a different model where people
15 > worked on parts of the tree and where commit privileges didn't pose so many
16 > security risks. With the current practice of doing work in overlays it would
17 > also be simpler to merge the work back into the Portage tree.
18
19 Also Subversion would be sufficient.
20 éí¢‡^¾X¬¶ÈžÚ(¢¸&j)bž b²