From: "Johannes Ballé" <joba123@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Building binary packages for another system
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:48:07
1 Am Monday 25 November 2002 10:37 schrieb MAL:
2 > This was exactly my point... it _doesn't_ honour the use variable, and
3 > goes and links to gnome even though USE contains '-gnome'.
4 > It may be linking to a library which in turn is linked to gnome... is
5 > this even possible? :)
6
7 If xchat really links to a library which it does not define as a dependency
8 (or dishonours a USE flag, for that matter), this should be a bug in the
9 xchat ebuild, then. I made the same mistake in my first ebuild (I let the
10 configure script decide whether to link to gtk or not, thus effectively
11 ignoring '-gtk').
12
13 Karl Trygve Kalleberg just pointed this out a few days ago on this list.
16 Johannes Ballé <joba123@×××××.de>
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list