From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 46: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:52:20
1 Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> said:
2 >
3 > Current state: "Deferred"
4 > Wanted state: "Accepted/Implemented" (at least by me)
5
6 Yea, this sounds like a good thing from reading over the GLEP, unless
7 I'm missing some glaring problems with it.
8
9 > Open questions from last discussion (March 2006):
10 > - Is it possible/should it be possible to have more than one <maintainer>
11 > entry?
12
13 Yea, agree.
14
15 > - Is recording an upstream-status (active/inactive) a good idea?
16 > Possibilities:
17 > An element: <status>{active/inactive}</status>
18 > An attribute: <maintainer status="{active/inactive}">...
19
20 Definately. We have several packages in the tree that once they become
21 broken, we'd have to start developing ourselves. This will help the
22 treecleaner project as well so they can tell if a package has several
23 open bugs and upstream is inactive, its a very good candidate for
24 getting booted from the tree.
25
26 > - Is an additional <doc> element needed to link to upstream docs
27
28 Sounds reasonable.
29
30 > - Must the type of <remote-id> be controlled/listed/checked?
31
32 I'd say we should come up with a good list to start with. We can come
33 up with updates to the allowed values at a later date, but I do think we
34 should keep this under control.
38 Mark Loeser
39 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
40 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com