From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] finding reverse dependencies for arch testing (and other purposes)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:41:22
1 On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
2 > Let's have a page in our docs where everybody can explain his or her
3 > tool.  Where in the hierarchy should the page be?  How about:
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/arch-testing
5
6 Please! And the documentation should include examples of common
7 workflows, not just a dump of command line options and what they do.
8
9 Let's start with the use case of I have a stablereq for a package and
10 I want to test it. Just tell me how to do it, and don't make me
11 figure out which combination of options works best. Oh, and make sure
12 the instructions include any necessary cleanup if the process leaves
13 cruft in package.keywords/etc.
14
15 Rich