From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] download problem in ebuild
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:36:12
1 I am not sure how to deal with this problem.
2
3 Lost Labyrinth is a game I am trying to write an ebuild for. I am stuck
4 on downloading, which isn't very encouraging.
5
6 The URL to download the gane is:
7
8 http://laby.toybox.de/download15/
9
10 which redirects to the latest version of the file (currently
11 laby_1.0.1.tar.gz)
12
13 Unfortunately the redirect results in wget naming the file:
14
15 download2.php?fileid=15
16
17 which is where the pain starts!
18
19 wget does work ok if you use the -O optin like:
20
21 wget http://laby.toybox.de/download15/ -O laby_1.0.1.tar.gz
22
23 So, i am looking for a way to ensure that wget, when operated through
24 portage, will append the -O, or I am wondering if there is a way to
25 over-ride the default fetching behaviour in the ebuild itself, something
26 like:
27
28 DOWNLOAD_CMD="wget http://laby.toybox.de/download15/ -O
29 laby_$(P).tar.gz"