From: Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Referencing bug reports in git
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 22:58:02
1 On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > ** summary bug number standardized to GB#xxxxxx or #xxxxxx or similar,
4 > short enough for summary, easily identified. GB# would be distinctly
5 > gentoo and could be expanded to KDEB#, GNB# (gnome), FDOB#, etc, for
8 If you're going to prepend the project, just spell it out. Don't invent new
9 acronyms and abbreviations. Don't add a B suffix to everything. If it's the
10 same everywhere, then it is meaningless, and just confuses things. I know
11 what KDE is, but I'd have to go Google for what KDEB is (Is that KDE B? K
12 Debian?), and hope Google indexed the above email from gmane or something.
13
14 Don't prefix bugs with #. 1. It doesn't apply to every system: Random
15 Project using Jira is going to have bugs like RP-123. You'd have to insert
16 it in the middle of the identifier like RP-#123. 2. It is a relatively
17 useless prefix at best: In the bug tracker UI, you search for 123, not
18 #123. At worst, it makes the identifier invalid (as in the Jira example).