From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
Cc: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Shell script help - emerge frontend.
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:16:05
1 > Pythondialiog (available in portable) in a very cool product. But I want
2 > to do a sys util. It must run with the minimum packages. (Although,
3 > python is available in miminal installation, since portage using it.).
4
5 Moreover,
6 pythondialog ebuild is buggy :
7
8 >>> import Dialog
9 Traceback (most recent call last):
10 File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
11 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Dialog.py", line 3, in ?
12 from Tkinter import *
13 File "/usr/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
14 import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
15 ImportError: No module named _tkinter
16 >>>
17
18 So, you'll have to install :
19 - pythondialog
20 - tcl
21 - tk
22
23 Should we use python + dialog, or only "shell" dialog ?
26 An advantage of using python would be the use of portage package (haven't thought about
27 that).
30 Could you send me your script please ?
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list