From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Kdm background - solution!
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:58:23
1 Dear All,
2
3 I did some search, and found out that you can only set the
4 background for kdm if you load kdmdesktop in the Xsetup_0 file...
5 There seemed to be issues with kdmdesktop in earlier versions, so
6 it was commented out in other distros.
7
8 I have put /usr/bin/kdmdesktop in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0, that
9 solved my problem...
10
11 I have not seen any problems yet...
12
13 Viktor
16 Grant Goodyear <grant@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
17 > > I had this cosmetic (nevertheless annoying) thing with rc5
18 (binaries iso) and
19 > > also with rc6 (built from scratch tbz2). It is impossible to
20 set kdm
21 > > background from KDE control center / system /login manager
22 /background. I am
23 > > logged in as root, I can set anything, colors, pixmap as kdm
24 background, no
25 > > matter what I do I get the grained, grayish background and the
26 usual kdm login
27 > > dialog when I actually restart kdm to see what I did...
28 >
29 > Hmmm. I've had a similar problem logging in as a user. I
30 vaguely
31 > remember using kcontrol to uncheck the "common background"
32 (which
33 > wasn't coming up -- it was just murky grey instead), flipping
34 > through a couple of the desktops until the background was
35 actually
36 > set, and then locking in the common background again.
37 > I don't know what the root cause (so to speak) actually is
38 > for the strange behaviour, though.
39 >
40 > -Grant-
41 > --
42 >
43 ___________________________________________________________________
44 > | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of
45 Physics: |
46 > | Dept. of Chemistry - Clemson U |1. Add zero.
47 |
48 > | Clemson, SC 29634 |2. Multiply by one.
49 |
50 > |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
51 > |e-mail: goodyea@×××××××.edu |4. Integrate by parts.
52 |
53 > |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform.
54 |
55 > | |6. Add auxiliary
56 variables |
57 >