From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo git workflows and the stabilization/keywording process
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 04:10:19
1 On Monday 22 September 2014 00:52:14 hasufell wrote:
2 > > | • repoman must be run from all related ebuild directories (or
3 > > |
4 > > | related category directories or top-level directory) on the tip of
5 > > | the local master branch (as in: right before you push and also
6 > > | after resolving push-conflicts)
7 > >
8 > > Have you tested if running repoman in the top-level directory is
9 > > realistic as part of the workflow?
10 >
11 > This is really just meant for stuff like mass commits, not regular
12 > ebuild stuff.
13 > Ask patrick, he's running repoman all the time, probably even top-level.
14
15 It's not. For a category like dev-python I'm seeing runtimes near 10 minutes
16 on a 3.4Ghz Xeon. Scaling that down to more common hardware it's even
17 prohibitive on smaller categories ... and at our current commit frequency,
18 mwehehehehe. hehe. Heh. It'd be an infinite pull-rebase-repoman-yell cycle.