From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mva@×××.name
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [discussion] GitHub eclass
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:00:47
1 On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:53:46 +0400
2 "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name> wrote:
3
4 > We have, for example, lua-socket-9999, that uses:
5 > GH_AUTHOR=diegonehab
6 > GH_PROJECT=lua-socket
7 > GH_BRANCH=unstable
8 >
9 > So, then I fork it and provide some features. And then I want to
10 > reemerge it from my fork, but I don't want to rewrite ebuild. So, then I do:
11 > # GH_AUTHOR="msva" GH_BRANCH=master emerge =lua-socket-9999
12 > and it repulls sources from my fork, reemerge it and installs fine.
13
14 You can also use git-2 eclass-specific variables to switch the repo.
15 The only difference is that you need to specify the full repo URI
16 rather than just the author.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny