From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A User's View of the Code of Conduct
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:30:22
1 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2 > I joined this list mostly to talk about the proposed code of conduct.
3
4 This oughta stir the pot a little, but way back when I was just a wee lil o'
5 geek in a Star Wars club, we had a developed Code of Conduct. Now for the most
6 part, it worked and worked well. Occasionally, you had some tart come along and
7 not play by the rules, and when that happened, a "High Court of Inquisitors"
8 took up the case and handed down judgment upon the individual. Oftentimes, this
9 HCI was comprised of former club members. Jokingly, twas referred to as the
10 "Old Man's Club". But, by and large, I'll have to admit both the CoC and the
11 HCI tended to work, more or less.
12
13 All in all, twas fun times. But what the entire point of this rare response
14 from me is about is to make sure that the following clause is inserted into this
15 CoC, from the CoC of the above mentioned SW Club. Plainly put, this single
16 clause was the most used & abused, loved & hated, and hotly debated rule amongst
17 the members. Oh, do I remember the days...
18
19 [Annoyance Clause]: As different people have different annoyance levels, it is
20 up to the discretion of any present ops or "sub-ops" as to what action is to be
21 taken and when. Someone can be considered annoying when a person or persons are
22 disgusted with the persons behaviour, actions or conversation.
25 And yeah, it probably needs a little tweaking, as it was targeted mostly at a
26 chatroom crowd, but for the most part, it can still serve as a most effective
27 tool...
28
29 *giggle*
32 --Kumba
35 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
36
37 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
38 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list