From: joe.derosa.b1@×××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RE: Problems with Dell Server
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:36:05
1 After doing some poking around,
2 None of the modules (including megaraid) detect any hardware.
3 It appears that the embedded controller is a 7899 dual channel controller, that
4 can have one channel use hardware raid. The bios banner calls the controller a
5 "Power Edge Expandable 3/Si Bios 2.5-0". If I disable raid, the drives all show
6 up as individual drives on the 7899 channel A using the AIC7xxx controller.
7 Reading in the kernel source, a couple of the drivers (old an new AIC7xxx)
8 mention that then specifically don't work with the hardware raid controller, but
9 none of them say they do. So, I can get the drives to work by disabling raid,
10 or moving to channel B, but I would like the hardware raid for speed.
11
12 Thanks!!
15 Joe DeRosa