From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eqawarn for main tree
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:28:17
On 03/12/2010 11:39 AM, Petteri Räty wrote:
> In eclasses there's often use for outputting QA warnings for ebuild > authors (at least in java and python could immediately make use of > this). Currently Portage has eqawarn available but it's considered > internal. Hopefully eqawarn finds it's way to the next EAPI but in the > mean while do we want: > > 1) Do a wrapper like attached to eutils.eclass > 2) Use whatever e* function that seems most appropriate (for example > einfo when it's common so user LOGging setups don't get too much noise) > 3) Have a speedy next EAPI if we can find more stuff like this to bundle
Here's another option: 4) Retroactively add eqawarn to all EAPIs and use introspection to call eqawarn only if available (and drop the introspection after about 1 year): declare -F eqawarn >/dev/null && \ eqawarn "this is ignored by older package managers" -- Thanks, Zac

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] eqawarn for main tree "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] eqawarn for main tree "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>