From: Tom Wesley <tom.wesley@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Programming advice wanted?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:15:53
1 Hi,
2
3 I know this may be to wrong place to ask, but I need to get into some sort of Linux GUI programming, after spending far too much time creating database scripts in the world of Windows. (Sadly not in any portable language)
4
5 I've been looking at Python, C and C++, and have settled on learning C/C++. Does anyone have any advice as to which I should take a look at? Eventually I'd like to start helping out with applications part of either KDE, Gnome and the like.
6
7 Is there any suitable material that would help me choose between QT and GTK+?
10 Tom Wesley