From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-doc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-doc] New documentation policy
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:00:37
1 On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 12:33:52PM +0200 or thereabouts, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > This policy has a couple of important changes, the most important probably
3 > being the mandatory use of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike
4 > license, something several of our users requested.
5
6 Why that license instead of the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
7 license?
8
9 > We will convert our current documentation to CC-AS but we first need to find
10 > out if we just need approval of the Gentoo managers, or the approval of every
11 > author/contributor.
12
13 As I understand it, the copyright for our documentation (as well as any
14 written document) is held by the author unless they specifically assign it
15 to Gentoo Linux. So, we will likely need to get the approval of every
16 author, at least, though perhaps not every contributor.
17
18 --kurt