From: Craig Dooley <cd5697@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New sys-kernel tree layout
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:44:06
1 Well, you've already narrowed your options down to two. If you dont want reiserfs, that leaves xfs and ext3. xfs is plenty fast, and the desktop patches arent going to make a world of difference. If you feel their needed, they can be downloaded and patched manually. Also, ext3 is no slower than ext2, so if thats the only complaint, go with ext3. I have used both and both are fast and stable.
2
3 -Craig
6 On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:34:00 +0200