From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding CPUFLAGS USE_EXPAND variable to the profiles
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:42:38
1 On Friday 07 July 2006 16:40, Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > USE_EXPAND useflags do not need to be added to either use.desc nor
3 > use.local.desc.
4 You need to put them in misc/<whatever>.desc
5
6 > Further, we keep track of other hardware-related
7 > metadata in USE_EXPAND, too. See INPUT_DEVICE and VIDEO_CARDS.
8 Quite a different thing to me, considering the wide quantity of them.
9 But for an handful of useflag it would be a bit of overkill.
10
11 Yes also KERNEL, ELIBC, USERLAND are handled as use-expand, but that's just an
12 hack-that-works.
15 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
16 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE