From: Luca Longinotti <chtekk@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Removing profiles/use.local.desc file from CVS on 2011-02-11
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 17:04:59
1 On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 13:50:20 -0600
2 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > The CVS->RSYNC service has moved hosts and now we generate the
7 > use.local.desc file via egencache.
8
9 Hi, could any of this cause a (kinda) full resync from the mirrors?
10 Because an emerge --sync I'm doing now is syncing up _all_ files in the
11 tree and taking ages on my laptop, on the other hand the emerge --sync
12 I did yesterday at around 1400 CET just synced the changed files, as
13 usual... I also tried multiple mirrors, thinking maybe one of them was
14 the problem, but they all happily continued syncing everything.
15 At the end of the sync, Portage also processed all the update-files,
16 which too is strange. All the modification times of the files seem to
17 have been updated... The date on my system is set correctly, so I can't
18 really explain why this would suddenly happen, as between yesterday and
19 today I didn't update Portage or rsync.
20 --
21 Best regards, Luca Longinotti aka chtekk.
22
23 LongiTEKK Networks Admin: chtekk@×××××××××.com
24 TILUG Member: chtekk@×××××.ch