From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New tool: config-automerge
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:56:19
1 On Saturday 11 September 2004 22:22, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Hiya,
3 >
4 > This script will read a list of directories from
5 > /etc/portage/automerge.dirs, and then auto-merge any CONFIG_PROTECTed files
6 > underneath those directories.
7 >
8 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/tools/
9 >
10 > I use it for automerging things like the X11 keyboard definitions.
11 >
12 > It would be easy enough to merge this functionality into a future release
13 > of etc-update; or (as I do locally) have etc-update automatically call
14 > config-automerge whenever its run.
15 >
16 > Feedback welcome.
17
18 What's wrong with CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK?
19
20 Regards,
21 Jason Stubbs
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list